We’re looking for work that moves us. We know women are amazing, so tell us when you learned to celebrate yourself. Tell us how. We want work from women, women of color, and members of the female LGBTQ community that highlights personal experiences. CEO wants to explore parts of womanhood that society deems “inappropriate” to talk about.
Our goal is to respond to all submissions in 6-10 weeks. Feel free to inquire about the status of your submission after 11 weeks. Please send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org and refrain from putting any identifying marks in your submission document.
Fiction: submit 1 story up to 4,000 words. When submitting, please indicate “FICTION” and your last name in the subject line.
Nonfiction: submit 1 essay up to 4,000 words. When submitting, please indicate “NONFICTION” and your last name in the subject line.
Poetry: submit up to 5 poems at a time. When submitting, please indicate “POETRY” and your last name in the subject line.
- CEO is currently seeking fiction, nonfiction, and poetry for quarterly issues.
- We do accept simultaneous submissions. If your work has been accepted elsewhere, congrats! Just send us an email with the good news.
- We do not accept previously published work.
- Unfortunately, CEO doesn’t have the capacity to pay contributors quite yet. We hope to in the future.
- We acquire First North American serial rights. Rights revert back to the author upon publication.